Sunday, October 5, 2008

So here's a quick update on what's up in our lives. Ted is very involved in his assistant coaching position at WHS baseball right now. The team has their state quarter final game on this Tues and then the state semi and final on Fri and Sat. They are ranked #1 and will have a winning streak that is the 2nd longest in any Utah baseball team history if they take state. One other stat is they are 72 wins and 5 losses right now from freshman to seniors. Lance and Tyce are Seniors! Crazy. They are pretty excited for this week.
TJ is loving Kindergarten. His favorite things are the Smart Board and his friends. He has grown so much and is very independent. He loves his Grandmas and Grandpas and spending time with them is something he enjoyes very much. Grandma Johnson has got him hooked on Game Show Network. They lay in her bed to watch and eat popcicles.
I have been busier than ever, so it feels. I think I just keep getting myself into more and more. This last month has been kind of emotional. We have found a different route to trying to get pregnant. We have found out more in one day, than we have in the last 5 years of going to fertility specialists and such. So maybe, hopefully we will have good news in a few months.
And my Mom's battle with ovarian cancer is becoming very tough. She was diagnosed in Aug of 06 and she finished treatments in Jan or Feb, and was in remission (or so we thought) for about a year. Her cancer spread to her brain and she was treated in Jan and Feb of this year... well it has come back again and is very aggressive. This last month has been challenging. Her symptoms are dehabilitating. She is frustrated and tired. We want her to keep fighting.
This week, next week and the next she will have a chemotherapy drug they have used in lung cancer patients with the cancer spread to the brain. Her doctors haven't personally seen ovarian cancer in the brain before. Her case is very rare. Hopefully we can be more aware of this cancer and find the cause and prevent it from happening... I have my ideas. Well, who knows what will take place in the next few months, so I hope you'll be patient in my posting.

8 comments:

Christa said...

Pam -
I'm so so sorry to hear about your mom. I didn't know she was no longer in remission. keep us updated on here when you can. your family is in my prayers.
I'm so glad to hear that you have learned of new options for having a baby! I can't wait to hear about it. love you!

Beth said...

Hopefully the boys and I will be able to make it to the state game this weekend. Shea has school up there so we are trying to figure things out. Yea on the new info for having a baby!! I'm excited and hope it all works out! And....I'm so so sorry to hear about your mom. We'll be praying for you all as well. Take care. Hopefully we'll see everyone this weekend.

Marleen said...

Hi, Pam! It's Marleen. Hope you don't mind me reading your blog! Just want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you! My mom, too had ovarian cancer. I think I know of the fears and thoughts that go through your heart and head. Just know I'm here if you ever need to talk, or vent or have a shouler ok?

Prayers for you too with baby options! You're such an awesome mom!

With Love,
Marleen

Tina said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, Pam. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad that you've found new options for a baby!! Hope we'll hear from you soon.

Adrienne said...

it was great to see you this weekend. I LOVE my hair thank you so much. Send me your email at RandyAdri@yahoo.com and we'll send you an invite to our blog

Julie and Bradie Marie said...

Pam,
I found your blog through Jeannnie's. You and family are in my prayers. I know that my mom went to Hanksville this last weekend. I am just sorry that I wasn't able to go with her. Well take care and tell your family hello from me and Bradie.

Julie and Bradie Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ToRi and cReW said...

Hi Pam,
It's Tori! I kind of randomly found your blog. anyway, I am so sorry to hear about your mom--she is such a great lady. You and your family are definately in my thoughts.
I hope its ok if I stop by your blog and check out things in your world.